Monday, June 15, 2009

Brooding and Day 2 Day

As opposed to mental health concerns in society today and in my own head. I'm not really dealing with too much now, except for the occasional brooding episode.
Brooding is mostly about whether or not I did or did not do something.
Whether I negated to do something for good reasons or whether I remembered not to do something for bad reasons.
You sit and wonder about what you said or what you did and you wonder how it effected/affected the people that are in your life or came into your life for that specific period. And how you could have prevented it or made it better.
How do you heal something that you had control over and didn't rectify it or something that you did wrong and have it sit inside you and become a sty on your upper eyelid because of some weird karmic befelling.
Brooding is a lot like worry.
Except brooding is about something that has happened in life and worry is generally about something something that hasn't and might.
They are always comparable.
A brooder normally sits and thinks about doing better the next time the same thing happens. Even though it probably never will. A brooder wishes that the first time it happens he could have done it perfectly.
Worry is about something that may happen and not having the ability to do anything about it. Brooding is a little like a worrier with wanting more of a perfect outcome the next time that thing that you didn't get perfect on happens again.
What do you do about brooding?
How do you cure a brooder?
What if I reacted this way and not that way?
Zigged instead of Zagged?
If I shot that basketball instead of passed it I would have got the assist that won the game instead of missing the gawl-danged dunk.
I'll be working on the essence of brooding in posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!