Saturday, May 15, 2010

Things Turn Around Too Slow

Stagnant waters
Too shallow for cleanliness.
Never sucked dry of gunk
Left to rot even when reborn.

All called classless,
Talentless,
or without bottom.

So many shoulda, coulda, woulda's and not even has been's.
Makes sense as not they're not even sad, just pathetic
Trying to keep going when your here isn't even nearly above water.
Where's the magic in that?
It's not even a novelty to watch anymore.
Folks just going about their business,
Whatever that is.

Mum usta ask me where they were all going on the highway,
"Wher're they all goin'?"
On our leisurely drives to family picnics,
With our three legged races during busy non-holiday traffic ridden freeways.
I ask that of myself in most ghost towns these days.

Probably to spend the money that they don't have...

and to turn around and go slowly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!