Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn Thoughts

I recieved a call from a charity today.
I'm glad I was home to recieve it. Helping children acquire snowsuits and clean drinking water was something I've neglected over the last little while.
Money is kind of tight for anything in my life that is charity driven.
I'd still like to help though. I've stopped giving to the change boxes at point of purchase locales.
I'm going to settle with just ONE charity to give to in my life when I can afford to give to it. I still haven't narrowed it down to which one. In my thinking, I've come to a little bit of a dillema. I'd rather work for a charity and donate my time then just simply give. I have more time on my hands than money. I just have to think about where I can apply my hands and what areas would accept my time instead of twenty bucks a month.
I was volunteering at a sanctuary for donkeys that is somewhat local and I thought that I was doing what was right in my heart.
I then thought that I'd like to promote myself as a little bit of a charity. I don't want anyone's charitable donations.
I'd just like to use my time to be "productive" for my self.
I have put this blog on my list as something I'd like to donate my time to. As well as bettering myself by taking the world in. Then, after I fill up, I will use my time for something like a real charity. Until then, I'm having my time and money all to myself. I will continue to grow from that. Maybe my wallet will too.
When I narrow down my choices of a specific real charity to 1, then I will also think about using my moth and button filled wallet to make my life feel more like I'm giving back.
When I have more money than time the world's charities will be a little richer.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean about choosing where to donate. its a hard choice but i think you'll figure it out. sometimes donating your time can be better than money so thats a good idea as well. also, good luck with devoting more time to your blog. i'll be looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!