Sunday, November 7, 2010

It Must Be Part 2

It must be that I’m attracted to what You Were.
It must be that I’m living in the past,
‘Cause I’m not that kid anymore,
and you ain’t that girl.
It must be that we see different,
That we aren’t anything alike,
That you’re not even my type,
That we’re both different kinds of Crazy,
The kinds of crazy that when we’re crazy for each other it gets sour real quick.
I still want us in some weird way.
Even though I saw you turn, I witnessed your darkness.
In some weird way I wished this train wreck was salvageable
But all I can pick up that means anything are the stupid arguments
The rest of the remains of Us.
Still sweet but in so many pieces that only a scientist could put it back together.
And they’re all mad now cause it fell off the rails in first place
And I’m mad that you’ve turned
And you’re mad that I became wild
And the rest are mad because they just wish it could be anything but boring.
At least we have that.
That it just keeps getting more and more exciting
That even though the hot coals of my reflections on our years blisters my skin.
That at least we’ll have something truly unique to look back on
Until the scientists use the new math to pull us back together.
We deserve that much.
‘Cause we can’t do it ourselves, can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!