Thursday, November 4, 2010

Suns and Daughters

My Son
There will never be another you.
My Daughter
There will never be anyone as unique.

The time has passed to declare you a Man
Sometimes it takes a long while
And sometimes you aren’t given a choice.
To be a man at birth,
Or a woman among kin.

The sun rays glisten on Daughters and Sons
Who follow the rules and even bend them a little.

You were little ones once
I still feel little some days
but who’s to say who the real grown ups are.

I will love you both just for making an appearance in my life
I apologize if I change too much as the years get on
I’m sure the understanding is there.

Sunshine basks on the bodies of Daughter's and Son's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!