Monday, February 15, 2010

Sand

Sand

Holding a handful of sand
Watching the whitecaps
The wave bursts onto the shoreline
Holding my handful of sand
I kneel
I wait
I bow
I think
I lower my hands to the ground
The flecks of gold are like paste in my palms
Every grain is a memory
Every colour a thought
The paste is the glue that holds the past together
The tide reaches up on the shoreline
The tide creeps to the ends of my arms
My hands show signs of wear
The salt water of an ocean of tears seeps through my fingers
The sand washes it away.
Washed away
With a clean slate and a clear mind I feel more than vindicated.

- Bran.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say watcha want. Leave a little note for me to get back at you somehow. As quickly as I can. Try to make your comment as interesting and more exciting than my entry. Cheers!!!